San Fernando Valley Overtime Dispute Attorneys
Were You Denied Overtime Pay?
In California, many employees are entitled to overtime pay, even if you are paid a salary. If entitled to overtime, the law states that overtime pay should equal one and one half times the employee’s regular rate of pay.
According to current California law, you deserve overtime pay if you:
- Are a non-exempt employee working in California
- Work more than eight hours in any given workday
- Work more than 40 hours in a week
- Work over eight hours on the seventh consecutive day of work
Although the laws are fairly clear-cut, the unfortunate reality is that many employers deny their workers the overtime pay they deserve. Overtime violations are common and should not be overlooked. If you are being denied overtime pay, consult with an employment lawyer from our firm. We have protected the rights of San Fernando workers since 1977 and delight in exacting justice on our clients’ behalf.
Call (818) 703-7500 to find out more about your legal options.
Aggressive Representation from San Fernando Employment Attorneys
Employees are entitled to overtime pay under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Along with this act, each state also has their own laws which determine how and when a worker receives overtime pay. California employees deserve overtime pay after working more than eight hours in a day, regardless of the number of hours they worked in a week.
Some of the most common overtime violations include:
- Treating workers as independent contractors to avoid paying overtime
- Not considering bonuses in a worker’s overtime pay
- Treating workers as administrative employees to avoid paying overtime
- Docking a worker’s pay based on the quality or quantity of their work
- Miscalculating hourly wages
If you have been subject to any of these violations, our firm can help you file a complaint. Your claim should be detailed to ensure its success and we can advise you on the most effective way to obtain the wages you deserve.
Contact the San Fernando employment attorneys at Chaleff Rehwald immediately for expert assistance. We look forward to reviewing your case for free and utilizing our skills and resources on your behalf!